From a brand new kids Christmas maze at Elizabeth Quay to the Christmas Lights Trail, there are plenty of free activities for families to enjoy in Perth this Christmas season.
From December 8 to December 16 at Elizabeth Quay, a giant Christmas maze is open for families to enjoy. Kids will have an opportunity to go on a hunt for Santa’s nine reindeer. Those who can locate all of them will go into the draw to win a special Christmas prize. The maze is accessible to people who use wheelchairs, walking aids and for parents with prams. Reindeer activity cards are also in Braille format upon request.
City of Perth Christmas Nativity
From December 19 to December 21, the City of Perth Christmas Nativity will make its return to the Supreme Court Gardens. From 6.30pm, families are invited to bring a picnic rug and enjoy the traditional Christmas story under the stars.
Brought to life on stage, the Nativity will include more than 100 performers, live animals and Christmas carols to sing along to. The performance will feature three different ability groups this year: Sparkle and Shine, Jets Ability group and Dance Ability Performing Arts. Performers are from right across Western Australia, including people from Kalgoorlie and Canarvon. The event is also AUSLAN interpreted.
Christmas Lights Trail
With two trails to follow, families are invited to create their own Christmas journey by viewing 18 light installations at the City of Perth. From the Christmas projections at St George’s Cathedral to the Giant Bauble at the State Theatre, animated lights and festive decorations will brighten the city’s malls, streets and parks. The light trails begin from 6pm each night and will run until December 24. A list of lights can be found below:
• Santa’s Magical Castle, Perth Cultural Centre, James Street Mall
• Giant Bauble, State Theatre Centre of WA
• Lifeline Christmas Tree, Yagan Square
• Santa Train, Yagan Square
• Santa’s Secret Elves, Kings Square
• Christmas Constellation, Kings Square
• Tinsel Tunnel, Raine Square
• Yours Truly, Forrest Place
• Jingle all the Way, 140 William
• City of Perth Christmas Tree, Murray Street Mall
• Around the World, Central Park
• Twinkle Twinkle, Outside Enex Hay Street Mall
• Light Up Christmas, Outside David Jones Hay Street Mall
• Stained Glass Christmas Tree, Cathedral Square
• Library Lights, City of Perth Library
• Light Labyrinth, Hibernian Place
• Christmas Projections, St George’s Cathedral
• Hoppy Christmas, Council House.