DRIVER’S LICENCE RELIEF FOR THOSE CAUGHT UP IN OPTUS DATA BREACH
Anyone applying for a replacement driver’s licence number and card must be able to show they have been advised by Optus that they are at risk.
* Service NSW and ID Support NSW are working with Transport for NSW on driver’s licence relief
* Affected Optus customers will soon be able to apply for a replacement number online through Service NSW or one at its offices
* The replacement fee of $29 will be reimbursed by Optus
* Department of Transport is working with IDCARE to get a full list of Victorian licences exposed by the breach
* Anyone at risk can get their VicRoads record flagged against any potential future fraud and request a number and card replacement
* The government will ask Optus to repay the cost
* Replacement driver licence numbers and cards will be offered free of charge to impacted Optus customers
* Licence numbers can be changed at a Service SA Centre
* Replacement fee of $20 will be waived
* Anyone who has already paid for a replacement licence can get a refund through Service SA
* The government is still working through the issue of replacing driver licence numbers and cards
As of 8pm AEST Tuesday, Western Australia, Northern Territory and Tasmania were still to advise on their plans but are expected to follow the other jurisdictions.