The remains of at least six people have been recovered from plant pots in the grounds of a property connected to an alleged serial killer in Canada.
The discovery was made by Toronto police officers at a home Bruce McArthur used as storage in return for doing the landscaping.
Detective Sergeant Hank Idsinga said the remains included some from Andrew Kinsman, one of the five men McArthur is already charged with killing.
The freelance landscaper was arrested last month and charged with two counts of murder in connection with the disappearances of Mr Kinsman and Selim Esen, who were last seen in the “Gay Village” district of Toronto.
Shortly afterwards, McArthur was charged with the murders of three more men.
Police say they are still searching for other possible victims and expect to find more remains in the more than a dozen “planters” that have been retrieved from around the city.
Investigators are still trying to determine who the other alleged victims are from the property.
At least 30 other places have been checked, including locations in some of Toronto’s wealthiest neighbourhoods where McArthur was known to have worked.
Part of the lawn at the home where the new remains were found is also being excavated.
A large tent has been set up to stop the ground from freezing and a forensic anthropologist was seen arriving at the property on Thursday.
Police have not revealed extensive details about the case, but McArthur is believed to have met his alleged victims while driving around the city in the van he used for work and on gay dating apps for older and large men, using names such as “SilverDaddies” and “Bear411”.
McArthur described himself in his profile as 5ft 10in and more than 15 stone (221 pounds) and mostly interested in younger men.
“I can be a bit shy until I get to know you, but am a romantic at heart,” he wrote.
McArthur posted pictures of his cats, children and grandchildren on his Facebook page, as well as an image of himself dressed as Santa Claus.
Edward Royle, a lawyer for McArthur, has so far declined to comment.
McArthur is next due in court on 14 February and is yet to enter a plea.
The other three known victims are 58-year-old Majeed Kayhan, who disappeared in 2012, Soroush Marmudi, 50, who went missing in 2015, and Dean Lisowick, who vanished between May 2016 and July 2017.
According to police, Mr Lisowick, who was in his 40s, was homeless and had not been reported missing.
Mr Kinsman, 49, and Mr Esen, 44, both went missing between April and June last year.
Police are looking at hundreds of missing person cases to determine if they were potential victims of McArthur.
They are also chasing up tips that have come in from around the world and are “dealing with some agencies overseas”, Mr Idsinga said.