RSPCA WA has issued a warning for dog-owners after receiving three reports in the last 24 hours of dogs falling ill from ingesting potential poison in or around bushland adjacent to the Links Kennedy Bay Golf Course in Port Kennedy.
The three dogs were taken to local vets and are recovering at home following the incidents. Sadly a fox and a kangaroo died after ingesting the baits.
Links Kennedy Bay Golf Course confirmed it had not laid baits, and that the subject area was not council property.
RSPCA is urging pet owners pet owners to be vigilant, and keep pets on a leash at all times.
“If you suspect your dog has ingested something toxic and it is showing signs of poisoning, such as heavy panting, shivering or other changes to its normal behaviour, please take it to a vet immediately,” a spokesperson said.
Anyone with information is asked to call the RSPCA Cruelty Hotline on 1300 278 358.