Home / World News / Police identify teens over Moses threats

Police identify teens over Moses threats

Two teenagers have been identified as the alleged culprits behind death threats sent to Parramatta halfback Mitchell Moses last week.

The 27-year-old was given extra security before and after the Eels’ 28-18 win over the Warriors at CommBank Stadium on Friday.

Moses was the alleged recipient of texts and phone calls which threatened his life, with NSW Police confirming on Tuesday two teenagers had been identified as the alleged perpetrators.

“On Sunday 10 July 2022, NSW Police commenced an investigation after receiving reports of alleged threats made towards a 27-year-old man,” NSW Police said in a statement.

“On Monday 18 July, detectives attached to North Shore Police Area Command attended Greenacre and spoke to two males aged 15 and 16.

“They will both be dealt with under the Young Offenders Act for using carriage service to menace, harass or cause offence.”

Moses was given an escort out of CommBank Stadium, while fans were subject to beefed-up security upon entry.

“I just had a couple of threats heading towards my family,” Moses told Triple M on Saturday.

“About me and about the game, they put pretty much a threat on the game and myself.

“We cleared it up with the NRL and they looked after me and escorted me into the game and looked after me.

“They handled the situation pretty well and I felt pretty safe.”

Moses is expected to play for the Eels against Brisbane on Thursday.

About brandsauthority

Check Also

Dumping ground no extra? Australian Government's affordable EV push

The EV Strategy is a plan to improve uptake, affordability and choice – with the …

%d bloggers like this: