AFL star Jordan De Goey will likely be offered a plea deal which downgrades his charges over an incident at a New York bar, a US court has heard.
The Collingwood utility on Wednesday appeared, via video link from Melbourne, in a US court on assault charges.
The charges stem from an alleged assault at a Manhattan rooftop bar on October 30 last year.
De Goey has previously pleaded not guilty and the assault charges will now likely be downgraded to harassment.
On Wednesday, prosecutor Brendan Mahon told the court “the people are likely” to make a conditional offer of a plea deal for a harassment in the second degree assault charge.
De Goey’s lawyer Jacob Kaplan told the court he needed more time to find a counselling program in Australia for the AFL player to participate in as part of any plea deal agreement.
Judge Anna Swern adjourned the case until January 28.
De Goey remains stood down by Collingwood.