Petrol pain is just around the corner with fuel set to rise by 28 cents per litre (cpl) within hours.
From 6am Wednesday, the average price of regular unleaded across Perth and Mandurah will skyrocket to 182.4 cpl – equal to the record high set just two weeks ago.
Furthering the anguish to your hip pocket, some providers will hike costs north-bound even more.
A litre of fuel at Coles Express will spike by 39 cpl to an average of 193.9 cpl.
Caltex / Ampol will increase to 189.9 cpl, BP (191.9 cpl), Caltex / Ampol (189.9 cpl), Vibe and Puma (189.7 cpl) and Caltex Woolworths and 7-Eleven (187.9 cpl).
For those looking to save some coin, Consumer Protection has highlighted that there will be 36 sites offering fuel below 154 cpl.
“Buying fuel from the cheapest site rather than the most expensive, a difference of 43 cpl, means motorists can potentially save $25 on a 60 litre tank,” spokesman Alan Hynd said.
Given the fuel cycle in Perth, it will likely be two weeks before petrol prices bottom out.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 150.7 cpl at Vibe Forrestfield in the East;
- 149.9 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Canning Vale and Caltex Woolworths South Lake in the South; and
- 149.9 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Greenwood and Caltex Woolworths Morley Galleria in the North.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 152.5 cpl at Vibe Upper Swan IGA Xpress in the East;
- 150.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 151.3 cpl at Vibe Kwinana OPT in the South; and
- 152.5 cpl at Vibe Morley in the North.