Paul George exploded for 43 points as the Oklahoma City Thunder cruised to a 132-113 blowout win over the Sacramento Kings.
George has been in magnificent form this season, forcing his way into the MVP conversation with a string of 30+ point performances.
He took things one level further against the Kings, pouring home 43 points on a characteristically efficient 15-of-27 shooting performance that included making four of his eight three-point attempts.
George did not open his account until the final two minutes of the first quarter, hitting a mid-range jumper to give the Thunder a 32-30 lead.
He did not look back after that. The Kings were powerless to stop George’s aggressive drives to the basket in the second quarter. He compounded Sacramento’s misery by finding his range from three-point land.
A turnaround jump shot with seven minutes remaining in the fourth quarter lifted George above 40 points for the first time this season as the Thunder ran out easy winners.
Speaking after the game, George said: “[It felt like the game was in] super slow motion. I just felt good. Any time I’m in California, good things happen”.
Click on the video at the top of the page to watch PG13’s 43-point performance
Wednesday night’s scores
- Washington Wizards 118-136 Houston Rockets
- Indiana Pacers 96-99 Toronto Raptors
- Phoenix Suns 111-103 Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets 96-93 Chicago Bulls
- New Orleans Pelicans 115-123 Milwaukee Bucks
- Detroit Pistons 129-123 (OT) Minnesota Timberwolves
- New York Knicks 109-131 Philadelphia 76ers
- Cleveland Cavaliers 99-110 Charlotte Hornets
- San Antonio Spurs 129-90 Orlando Magic
- Oklahoma City Thunder 132-113 Sacramento Kings
- Memphis Grizzlies 92-99 Portland Trail Blazers
- Golden State Warriors 103-108 Utah Jazz
Sky Sports is the home of the NBA in the UK with live coverage throughout the week, including selected live games free to all Sky subscribers via Sky Sports Mix. www.skysports.com/nba will be your home for news, reports, video and features throughout the season while you can follow us @SkySportsNBA