Last Updated: 05/11/18 3:42pm
Mansfield hope to have Otis Khan back in their squad when they host Grimsby on Tuesday night.
The midfielder continues to be assessed after missing two matches since suffering an Achilles injury against MK Dons on October 27.
Ryan Sweeney had to settle for a place on the bench on Saturday on his return from suspension but the defender could be in line for a recall after the Stags conceded goals in their 2-2 draw at Cheltenham.
Mansfield, unbeaten in nine League Two matches, will move up into the play-off places with a victory.
Grimsby will make a late decision on the fitness of John Welsh.
The veteran midfielder remains a doubt after sustaining a calf injury in training prior to the game at Cambridge on Saturday.
Alex Whitmore is also a concern after being forced off during the 1-0 defeat to the U’s with a rib injury, while Harry Cardwell and Harry Davis are working their way towards full fitness.
Grimsby have lost five of their last six away matches in the league.
- Mansfield haven’t gone three consecutive Football League matches unbeaten against Grimsby since January 1988.
- Grimsby lost 1-4 on their last league visit to Mansfield last season – their heaviest away Football League defeat there since September 1976.
- Mansfield have lost just one of their last 21 League Two games (W7 D13) and are unbeaten in their last nine (W3 D6).
- Grimsby have lost five of their last six away league games (W1), failing to score in each of those defeats.
- Grimsby are one of three League Two sides this season yet to have a player score more than twice for them, along with Cheltenham and Macclesfield.