Mario Hezonja threw down a monster dunk during the New York Knicks loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Hezonja’s highlight play proved to be the Knicks’ only positive takeaway from a game in which they fell to a franchise-record 17th straight defeat, blowing several chances to complete a comeback before falling 107-104 to the struggling Cavs.
Hezonja’s eye-catching play came with 10:07 remaining in the second quarter. He received a pass from Dennis Smith Jr on the left wing and, with the Cleveland defense failing to rotate, realised the baseline was open for an unimpeded drive to the rim.
Monday night’s scores
- Portland Trail Blazers 111-120 Oklahoma City Thunder
- Dallas Mavericks 104-120 Houston Rockets
- Milwaukee Bucks 112-99 Chicago Bulls
- Brooklyn Nets 125-127 Toronto Raptors
- New York Knicks 104-107 Cleveland Cavaliers
- Miami Heat 87-103 Denver Nuggets
- Los Angeles Clippers 120-130 Minnesota Timberwolves
- Charlotte Hornets 90-99 Indiana Pacers
- Washington Wizards 112-121 Detroit Pistons
‘Super Mario’ didn’t hesitate, powering to the rim, with the ball in his right hand and hammering home a vicious tomahawk dunk in the face of Cav’s big man Marquese Chriss at the rim.
Click the video at the top of the page to see Hezonja’s monster dunk, then click the clip directly above to watch more top plays from Monday night’s NBA action, including a huge Domantas Sabonis dunk on Nic Batum, a delicious fadeaway jumper by Luka Doncic and a clutch game-winning basket by Kawhi Leonard.