Looking to sharpen your travel writing and photography skills without leaving home?
From September 16 to December 9, West Travel Club’s Travel Editor Stephen Scourfield, photojournalist Mogens Johansen and travel journalist Will Yeoman are offering six 30-minute livestreamed tutorials covering the basics of travel writing and photography, as well as revealing plenty of tricks and tips for more experienced practitioners.
From exposure, composition and subject matter to whether a mobile phone camera is actually better than a DSLR in certain situations, Stephen and Mogens take you through the essentials while showcasing their own photography.
For travel writers, Will tackles such topics as cultivating a writerly attitude to travel, note-taking, drafting, form and style, using examples from his own and other writers’ work.
- For those attending our New Norcia Photography and Writing Weekend, these are different and much shorter tutorials to what will be presented there, although there will be some unavoidable overlap in subject matter.
- Paying participants who cannot attend any of the Zoom livestreamed sessions, or who would just like to view them again, can access recordings on request.
Program (all sessions start 7pm):
- September 16: Travel Writing Part 1
- September 23: Travel Photography Part 1
- October 14: Travel Writing Part 2
- October 21: Travel Photography Part 2
- November 18: Travel Writing: a conversation with Stephen Scourfield. Hosted by Will Yeoman
- December 9: Travel Photography Holiday Special!
Sessions are $10 each or you can bundle book all 6 for $50 — or join as a Gold member and attend all the sessions for free. Bookings westtravelclub.com.au/events.