A Geraldton man will remain in custody after he was denied bail for an alleged aggravated robbery in Moresby last week.
Laurence Scott Turvey appeared via video link in Geraldton Magistrates Court on Thursday for a bail application on the charges of aggravated home burglary and stealing.
The 20-year-old man is accused of breaking into the Moresby home on August 8. His fingerprints were allegedly found on a container inside the home and he was subsequently arrested.
His lawyer said he intended to enter not guilty pleas for the matter and outlined his exceptional circumstances when making a case for bail.
She noted his age, that he had no adult record and was due to commence a Desert Blue Connect program on Friday.
It was also highlighted that Mr Turvey had been on bail for a long period of time on other matters.
The court was told he had recently entered a plea of guilty to grievous bodily harm charge in the District Court.
However, he has not maintained contact with community corrections and was not complying with urine analysis while on bail.
Magistrate Angus Hockton said he was not satisfied to release Mr Turvey on bail, citing the significant evidence against him.
Bail was refused and the matter has been adjourned for legal advice until September 15.