AUSTRALIAN VACCINATION NUMBERS:
* There have been 42,076,796 doses administered in the national COVID-19 vaccination rollout up to Thursday, including 192,929 in the previous 24 hours.
* Of the total, 25,231,556 have been administered by the Commonwealth, an increase of 134,849 on the previous 24 hours.
* 16,845,240 have been administered by the states and territories, including 58,080 in the previous 24 hours.
* 19,412,143 or 94.14 per cent of people 16 and over have received at least their first dose and 18,771,945 or 90.9 per cent have had both.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* 9128 new cases: 5612 in NSW, 2095 in Victoria, 688 in South Australia, 589 in Queensland, 102 in ACT, 27 in Tasmania, 10 in Northern Territory and five in Western Australia.
* The national death toll is 2180: Victoria 1484 (+8), NSW 649 (+1), SA four, ACT 15, Tasmania 13, Queensland seven, WA nine, and the NT one. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 278,112,889
* Deaths: at least 5,386,030
* Vaccine doses administered: at least 8,861,132,153
Data current as at 1530 AEDT on December 24, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.