Home / World News / KidsFest set to return to Kalgoorlie-Boulder for school holiday fun

KidsFest set to return to Kalgoorlie-Boulder for school holiday fun

Youngsters looking for something to do this April school holidays will be in for a treat with the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder announcing the return of KidsFest.

The action-packed two-day festival will be hosted on the first weekend of the break and is expected to include entertainment, activities and sports all in one place.

This year’s festival will also feature a headline act, with rescue dogs in training Chase, Marshall and Ryder from Paw Patrol set to perform eight stage shows and wander the grounds meeting locals.

The free event which will run from 9am to 3pm on April 9 and 10 at Centennial Park will also include a “science wonderland” created by SciTech, as well as camel rides and a petting zoo.

Evie Farley, 5, at KidsFest 2018.
Camera IconEvie Farley, 5, at KidsFest 2018. Credit: Kelsey Reid/Kalgoorlie Miner

Youngsters looking for an action-packed weekend will be able to drive go-karts, play minigolf and inflatable soccer, and jump on bungee trampolines.

There will also be craft activities and live sketch artist Ash Von Castel is expected to be set up to create an instant memory to take home.

Children with a passion for the environment will also be catered for in a “sustainability corner” which will include creating a worm farm out of an old fridge.

City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder Mayor John Bowler said he was proud to be bringing this event back to the children of the Goldfields.

“Historically this event has attracted 10,000 visitors each year to explore, create and learn,” he said.

“The event provides an opportunity for Goldfields children to enjoy high-quality entertainment and activities not often on offer in the region.”

The future of the event had been uncertain for several years after the council was in 2019 given the choice to keep or cancel the two-day event.

As Kalgoorlie-Boulder’s biggest annual event, KidsFest was then thrown a lifeline after councillors voted to continue it in 2020, with a review of its format and location.

The 2020 event was cancelled because of COVID-19 restrictions, with last year’s event being replaced for a new youth-based event that took place across three weekends.

About brandsauthority

Check Also

Vandals strike at quiet walkway in South Bunbury

South Bunbury residents have been left angered by a callous act of vandalism along what …

%d bloggers like this: