James Harden posted a 43-point triple-double as the Houston Rockets hammered the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Harden’s haul came on 12-of-24 shooting (including eight three-pointers). He also grabbed 10 rebounds and handed out 12 assists to complete his fourth 40+ point triple-double of the season to lead the Rockets to a lop-sided 141-113 victory.
Harden opened his account with a trademark step-back three less than three minutes into the game and added two before the first quarter was out.
Three more followed in the second quarter, the last coming from the top of the key after Harden mesmerised Cavaliers defender Cedi Osman with several crossover dribbles.
In the third quarter, a characteristic Harden drive to the basket resulted in a left-handed finish and a Cavaliers’ foul. Another step-back from mid-range extended the Rockets’ lead to 30 points before Harden rounded off his scoring with, what else, a step-back three with 1:11 remaining in the period.
Friday night’s scores
- Dallas Mavericks 119-115 Minnesota Timberwolves
- Los Angeles Lakers 95-113 Utah Jazz
- Milwaukee Bucks 106-113 Washington Wizards
- Atlanta Hawks 123-121 Philadelphia 76ers
- Cleveland Cavaliers 113-141 Houston Rockets
- Brooklyn Nets 105-122 Toronto Raptors
- Indiana Pacers 121-106 New York Knicks
- Charlotte Hornets 96-127 Portland Trail Blazers
- Chicago Bulls 109-146 Golden State Warriors
With the game well in hand, Harden sat out the entire fourth quarter.
Click the video at the top of the page to see the best buckets from Harden’s 43-point triple-double.