Gordon Hayward drained a tie-breaking jumper with two seconds remaining to give the Boston Celtics a 111-109 road win over the Sacramento Kings.
Hayward had a low-scoring night, contributing 12 points on 6-of-10 shooting, but stepped up in style with the game on the line.
His game-winning hoop occurred after the Kings had rallied from a late six-point deficit to gain a 109-all tie on three free throws by Buddy Hield with 7.6 seconds left.
Those foul shots were the result of a foul called on Hayward while he was attempting to defend the potential game-tying shot.
Without calling a timeout, the Celtics rushed the ball up the court, and Hayward nailed a nine-footer for the winner.
Wednesday night’s scores
- Philadelphia 76ers 107-108 Chicago Bulls
- Boston Celtics 111-109 Sacramento Kings
- Denver Nuggets 115-99 Los Angeles Lakers
- Minnesota Timberwolves 114-131 Detroit Pistons
- Utah Jazz 114-104 New Orleans Pelicans
- Miami Heat 91-84 Charlotte Hornets
- Dallas Mavericks 123-132 Washington Wizards
- San Antonio Spurs 111-104 Atlanta Hawks
- Cleveland Cavaliers 107-113 Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks 96-107 Phoenix Suns
After a timeout that allowed them to advance the ball, the Kings took a shot at a win, but Barnes’ 30-footer with two-tenths of a second remaining was off the mark
Click the video at the top of the page to watch Hayward’s clutch game-winning shot, then click the clip directly above to see more top plays from a busy Wednesday night of NBA action, including a Zach Lavine alley-oop slam, a huge Jarrett Allen dunk and a historic lay-up by LeBron James.