Home / World News / Geraldton Boxing Centre promoter Paul Barrett’s Fists of Fury III postponed

Geraldton Boxing Centre promoter Paul Barrett’s Fists of Fury III postponed

Geraldton will wait a bit longer to witness its first cage fights.

Fight promoter Paul Barrett said the Sheds n Homes Fists of Fury III — King of the Cage event had been postponed from its scheduled date in April because of COVID restrictions. It will now run on August 13.

“After speaking with State and local government and venue management, we’ve been made aware that further restrictions surrounding our VIP guests were needed,” Barrett said.

He said current requirements would have meant placing extra restrictions on VIP guests.

He said organisers sought rulings from the State but could not find a solution in time.

“While local government is extremely supportive, the final decision was with State and venue management,” Barrett said.

He said he expected a full crowd on the new date.

“With the support of local government and the venue, we will bring you an event with all the spectacular action and a full house,” Barrett said.

Mayor Shane Van Styn is due to have his second competitive bout at Fists of Fury after fighting in the 2021 edition.

The event will also feature a title fight between pro boxers Bec Southgate and Danni Mace.

About brandsauthority

Check Also

ALM, ALW set to launch maiden pride round

The A-League intends to launch its first pride round across both the men’s and women’s …

%d bloggers like this: