We’re hungry for a food critic to join our ranks!
Are you a foodie but not a food snob?
Do you know your scrambled eggs from shakshouka but love the dirty bird as much as a brined chook?
Does a cheeky counter meal excite you as much as an omakase?
Are you always the one booking dinner for you and your mates?
Do you have strong opinions about service, atmosphere and stemware?
Could you be our citizen critic?
If you think you have what it takes to be the sixth member of our all-new food and wine review team then here is what you need to do to apply:
• Upload a two-minute video to thewest.com.au/foodreviewer telling us why you are the right fit.
• Applications close on June 17 at 11:59pm AWST.
• Successful applicants will be notified by email, before the end of July 2022.
What you need to know:
• By submitting your application you agree that your video may be used by Seven West Media for publicity purposes.
• If successful, you’ll be paid industry rates for your reviews (up to four commissioned reviews per month), plus the cost of the meal for you and a plus-one.
• You must be Perth based; over 18 years of age; hold valid Australian work rights (or be an Australian citizen); have an ABN and actually plan on frequenting the establishments you review (no third party or outsourced opinions please).
• To be selected, you need to sign an Independent Contractor Contributor Agreement (so have your ABN details ready) to become a card carrying citizen food critic.
• You will not be an employee of West Australian Newspapers (aka WAN) but a fearless Independent Contractor in charge of your own destiny (and taxes).
• Your only entitlement under the Contributor agreement is payment for the publication of your original works plus the cost of the meal for you and your plus-one (don’t forget to keep your receipts).
• One of our friendly team will help you through the sign up process using on-boarding charades. Ok, maybe not charades, but we will help you through the process.
• You will also be required to act in a safe and professional manner whilst undertaking your citizen food critic reviews. Retain your love of dining out, be curious and keep your sense of humour intact.
To meet the team and to apply, head to thewest.com.au/foodreviewer