A fisherman who was taken to hospital after a suspected blue-ringed octopus bite in Rockingham has been given the all-clear and discharged.
St John Ambulance were called to the Point Peron boat ramp just before 6am with a report a man was unwell.
The man, aged in his late 30s, had earlier noticed a blue-ringed octopus on cray pots he had been pulling up.
The decision was made to head to shore when he began to feel unwell and he was taken by ambulance a short distance to Rockingham Hospital with a suspected bite.
A spokeswoman for the hospital confirmed this afternoon he had not been bitten and had since left hospital after being assessed by doctors.
The scare followed on the tail of others in Perth in recent weeks.
Mitchell Ogg was bitten on the foot on December 7 after one of the sea-dwellers fell out of a cray pot he had pulled up off Garden Island. Another man aged in his 50s was bitten a few days later, also at Point Peron.
Just days earlier a Perth girl accidentally took one home after it nestled in sea shells she had collected at Coogee Beach.
A bite from a blue-ringed octopus can be fatal.
Dispensed in the bite is a fast-acting toxin that can cause paralysis and seriously hinder breathing.
Medical care should be sought immediately.