Donovan Mitchell punctuated a 33-point performance with a huge dunk on Javale McGee as the Utah Jazz rolled to a 113-95 win over the Los Angeles Lakers.
Mitchell made 14 of his 24 shots, including four of his five three-point attempts to carry the Jazz to their fourth win in their last five games.
‘Spider’s’ highlight of the night came with 2:58 left in the second quarter as he used a Rudy Gobert screen to blow by Josh Hart and drive into the paint as the Lakers’ interior defense parted to give him a clear path to the hoop.
Friday night’s scores
- Dallas Mavericks 119-115 Minnesota Timberwolves
- Los Angeles Lakers 95-113 Utah Jazz
- Milwaukee Bucks 106-113 Washington Wizards
- Atlanta Hawks 123-121 Philadelphia 76ers
- Cleveland Cavaliers 113-141 Houston Rockets
- Brooklyn Nets 105-122 Toronto Raptors
- Indiana Pacers 121-106 New York Knicks
- Charlotte Hornets 96-127 Portland Trail Blazers
- Chicago Bulls 109-146 Golden State Warriors
Mitchell elevated and was met at the rim by Lakers center McGee. Unfortunately for McGee, he was powerless to stop the Jazz guard who hammered home a right-handed dunk in his face.
Click the video at the top of the page to see Mitchell posterize McGee, then hit the video directly above to watch the 10 best plays from a busy Friday night of NBA action, including a soaring Bradley Beal slam, a clutch Luka Doncic three-pointer and a Ben Simmons-Jimmy Butler alley-oop connection