Staff reportersGeraldton Guardian
Blue recycle bins in Geraldton are being emptied in landfill because people are throwing rubbish in them.
The 15 bins are for the purpose of recycle type 1 and 2 plastics only.
A City of Greater Geraldton spokeswoman said if the contamination continued, the location of the bins may be changed.
Type 1 and 2 plastics have a triangle symbol with the number on the item.
The spokeswoman said bottle lids should be removed and the items rinsed out before being recycled.
The bins can be found at:
- Beachlands Primary School, corner of Whitfield Street and Bradley Street
- Bluff Point Primary School, 18 Mitchell Street
- Opposite Glenfield IGA Sunset Beach, Chapman Road
- Drummond Cove Hall, 61 Whitehill Road
- Geraldton Primary School, Augustus Street
- Geraldton Surf Lifesaving Club, 260 Willcock Drive
- Leaning Tree Community School, 15 Bayly Street
- Mt Tarcoola Primary School, Acacia Street
- Paringa Park, Paringa Street, Mount Tarcoola
- PCYC, 105 Pass Street, Wonthella
- QEII Seniors and Community Centre Carpark, 88 Durlacher Street
- Strathalbyn Christian College, 15 Cedar Crescent
- Tip Shop, 61 Landfill Lane, Narngulu
- Waggrakine Primary School, Hall Road
- Wandina Primary School, 29 Ajax Drive