Welcome to Best of Late Night, a rundown of the previous night’s highlights that lets you sleep — and lets us get paid to watch comedy. We’re all stuck at home at the moment, so here are the 50 best movies on Netflix right now.
Fourth Time’s the Charm
In his Monday night monologue, Conan O’Brien announced that after 11 years, he will be “winding down” his TBS late night show, with a final episode airing June 24.
“Some of you are wondering why am I doing this? Why end things here at TBS?” O’Brien said. “And I’ll tell you: because a very old Buddhist monk once told me that to pick something up, you must first put something down.”
O’Brien said he is leaving to launch a “fourth iteration” of his program with HBO Max later this year, and that his final two months on TBS will be dedicated to clips of his favorite moments and will feature special guests.
“I’m very proud of what we’ve accomplished here,” O’Brien said. “And so what I’d like is I’d like these last couple of weeks to be a fond look back at all the absurd madness that my team and I have concocted. Best of all, I just want to point out, there will be shockingly few, if any, references to Donald Trump because that’s always been my favorite kind of comedy.”
The Punchiest Punchlines (Things Are Looking Up Edition)
“According to polls, the last time we were close to being this optimistic was 2006. I’m not surprised. That was when Tom Hanks brought back the mullet.” — JIMMY FALLON
“That’s right, 64 percent are feeling optimistic, while the other 36 percent had a rough weekend at the Kentucky Derby.” — JIMMY FALLON
The Bits Worth Watching
Roy Wood Jr. shared the history of Black royalty on Monday’s “The Daily Show.”
What We’re Excited About on Tuesday Night
Dr. Anthony Fauci will offer some coronavirus updates on Tuesday’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live.”