Home / World News / Call to help identify man hit by Vic train

Call to help identify man hit by Vic train

A mystery man has been laying in hospital unidentified for more than a month after being hit by a Melbourne train.

Struck between Royal Park and Jewell railway stations in Brunswick on July 7, the man was taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries and remains in a serious but stable condition.

He sustained serious head injuries and has not been able to properly communicate.

No phone, wallet or cards were found on the man at the time he was hit and police haven’t been able to identify him despite extensive inquiries.

From his hospital bed, the grey-haired patient has mumbled the names “Roy and Ryan from Coburg” but it is unclear if he is referring to himself or someone he knows.

Transit Crime Investigation Unit senior constable Dean Pilati said police inquiries had so far come to no avail.

“An extensive investigation has been sought to try and identify the man, but we’re finding it hard to identify him,” he said.

“We’ve done everything thing from checking databases to doorknocks.”

Sen Const Pilati added that it was possible the man was from overseas.

A facial composite image of the man, believed to be 65-75 years old, has been released in the hope someone will recognise him and contact Crime Stoppers.

He is described as white, about 175cm tall and of medium build with a prominent mole below his left eye, no identifying scars and no tattoos.

Lifeline 13 11 14

beyondblue 1300 22 4636

About brandsauthority

Check Also

Socceroo Kuol signs with EPL's Newcastle

Central Coast’s 18-year-old attacker Garang Kuol says it is “unreal” to have signed for English …

%d bloggers like this: