StaffThe West Australian
A bushfire Watch and Act has been downgraded to an Advice level in Nowergup in the City of Wanneroo.
The downgraded alert, issued about 8.50pm, effects properties bounded by Karoborup Road to the north, Gibbs Road to the east, Nowergup Road to the south and Wanneroo Road to the west in Nowergup.
While there is no longer a threat to lives or homes, the Department of Fire and Emergency Services urges people to stay aware and keep up to date incase the situation changes.
The fire was burning in a north easterly direction on the eastern side of Wanneroo Road in the Neerabup Nature Reserve and was burning towards properties on Gibbs Road. It is now contained and controlled.
The cause of the fire, which burnt through 10ha as of 8.50pm, is unknown.
WHAT TO DO
- Stay alert and monitor your surroundings.
- Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames.
- Close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners but keep water running through the system if possible.
- Read through your bushfire survival plan.
- If you do not have a plan decide what you will do if the situation gets worse.