Baldivis brewery Whitelakes Brewing has taken home a dozen awards from last week’s Australian International Beer Awards in Melbourne.
The Melbourne Royal Australian International Beer Awards is the largest annual beer competition in the world and assesses both draught and packaged beer.
The 2021 awards attracted about 2500 entries from more than 400 breweries in 21 countries.
But at the awards last Thursday night, Whitelakes Brewing took home five gold medals, three silver and four bronze.
Whitelakes sometimes took multiple awards in the same category, proving to international brewers that a small Baldivis operation can brew among the best of them.
Head brewer Sean Symons said Whitelakes was “delighted” to be acknowledged on the international beer stage.
“Sometimes you need to venture into the unknown to find something that feels familiar. We welcome curious minds and adventure seekers to join us in celebrating the art of our craft,” he said.
Whitelakes’ wins were:
- Best Contemporary American Style Pilsener – Whitelakes XPL, can
- German Style Schwarzbier – Whitelakes Dark, draught
- Best British and European Style Ale – Ordinary Bitter – Whitelakes Standard, draught
- Best British and European Style Ale – English Summer – Whitelakes Summer, can
- Best Wheat Beer – Belgian Wit – Whitelakes Wit, draught
- Best Bohemian Style Pilsener – Whitelakes 100 Day Pilsener, can
- Best Contemporary American Style Pilsener – Whitelakes XPL, draught
- German Style Schwarzbier – White Lakes Dark, can
- Best Bohemian Style Pilsener – Whitelakes Pilsener, draught
- Best International Style Pale Ale – American Style – Whitelakes Pale, draught
- Best British and European Style Ale – Ordinary Bitter – Whitelakes Standard, can
- Best British and European Style Ale – English Summer – Whitelakes Summer, draught